We hope many of your questions are answered here; however if not, please see the email list at the bottom of this page to submit your query. We also will host a series of webinars, to answer questions our community may have. If you aren't able to join us, the videos will be archived on this page.
St. George's Community Agreement
In order to best ensure the health and safety of every member of our campus family, St. George’s is asking that all students agree to the terms of our Community Agreement for the 2020-21 school year.
Health & Wellness
- What are some of the protective mechanisms that will be in place for decreasing the possible transmission of illness on campus?
- Do students need to quarantine before arriving at SG in the fall?
- Will all students, faculty, and staff be tested before the start of school?
- Will some students need to quarantine when they arrive to SG?
- How will the school mitigate the risks associated with families accompanying students to campus on drop-off days?
- How will physical distancing be enforced in shared spaces (dorms, classrooms, etc.)?
- What kind of face coverings are acceptable?
- How will students who need to go to the Health Center when they are healthy avoid exposures to illness?
- What happens if a student is presenting COVID-19 symptoms?
- Will counseling services still be available to students?
- What are stable groups? And why use them?
- Will dorm rooms have single or double occupancy?
- Will students be able to use Leave of Convenience weekend permissions?
- Will students have access to off-campus permissions, which could include the beach, half-town, full-town? What about a walk/run?
- How will students dine on campus?
- Will students be allowed to order from food-delivery services?
- What are the rules regarding parent/guardian visits to campus?
- Will non-family visitors be allowed on campus?
- Will laundry services still be available?
- How will the school handle the need for both online and in-person instruction?
- Will there be final exams?
- How does the change to semesters affect the diploma requirements for seniors?
- If my student misses class due to illness, what procedures are in place to help him/her get the material that was missed?
Dragon Athletics, Arts & Activities
Calendar & Events
- When will students return?
- How long will Phase 1 last?
- How long will day students be stationed in the Hill Library for the class day?
- What is Phase 2 of the reopening plan?
- Will there be a Family Weekend this fall?
- How will you handle traditional St. George’s events, such as Middlesex Weekend and the Christmas Festival?